Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Seattle, Washington | Direct Hire
The Account Executive plays an integral role helping to lead some of the firm’ s largest accounts. They not only help shape the strategy but also roll up their sleeves to implement a wide array of programs for their clients, including thought-leadership development, online marketing, promotions, crisis communication, and traditional PR campaigns. With a firm grasp of public relations and digital marketing tactics, the Account Executive also has a strong desire to continually hone their craft and take their knowledge to the next level. The role is for a boutique PR firm located in Seattle, Washington.
- Strategic Thinker/Tactically Skilled – You can see the forest through the trees and know how to craft strategic short and long-term programs that are aligned with business goals. At the same time, can’ t wait to roll-up your sleeves and get the work done.
- Initiative – As self-starter, you are eager to develop new ideas and get things done. You’ re adept at anticipating situations that will require a response, and proactively addressing needs.
- Results Driven – You find ways to succeed no matter what the challenge. You take ownership of responsibilities and are a natural problem solver. You are self-directed. And most importantly, you know how to deliver expected or agreed upon results.
- Collaborative/Relationship-driven – You like being have the ability to influence and be part of a cohesive team working toward shared goals and a mutual accountability. You enjoy working with a wide range of external stakeholders, from vendors to partners. You understand the importance of listening, asking probing questions and allowing others to be heard.
- Detail-oriented – You take pride in your excellent organizational and project management skills and your innate ability to manage multiple key projects with tight time frames.
- Quality Commitment – You have a consistent attitude and respect for high quality standards, and maintain those standards even when under schedule pressures. You continually seek and share expertise on best practices to ensure client programs are of the highest caliber.
- Professionally Mature – You demonstrate confidence, experience, and poise under pressure.
- Exceptional writer – Your education and experience reflect excellent writing ability that is creative and technically proficient. You have a near-rabid adherence to AP style.
- Craft well-written PR documents such as key messaging, press releases, op/eds, and social media content
- Establish and maintain fruitful relationships with traditional and digital media
- Create, produce and distribute paid content such as matte releases and video news releases
- Conduct editorial, award and speaking opportunity research
- Event management and production
- Assist in developing and executing digital marketing initiatives, including SEO and SEM
- Assist in the development of paid advertising in traditional media
- Develop sponsorship programs
- Maintain day-to-day communications with clients, gathering information and driving deadlines
- Take a proactive approach to client programs, constantly evaluating new ideas and activities, offering ideas, etc.
- Active participation in client meetings
- Timely management of client document editing/approval process
- Adherence to client budgets and assignment scope
- Conduct account-related research
- Accurate tracking and management of billable/non-billable time
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- At least three years PR agency or equivalent corporate experience in public relations
- Command of online marketing tools and ability to navigate SEO and website management
- Ability to comprehend and distill complex issues and craft messaging for internal/external audiences
- Proven success securing placements with traditional and digital media
- Experience delivering social media outreach and engagement programs
- Proactive and collaborative - able to support or lead multiple client accounts depending upon client needs
- Sound judgment with high standards of accountability, integrity, responsiveness, and discretion
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and produce quality work under pressure
- Bachelor’ s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English or related field is required
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer