Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Manteca, California | Direct Hire
Under minimal supervision, this position provides accounting support and is responsible for accounting tasks including journal entries, account reconciliations, and account analysis. This position is also responsible for advanced tasks on more complex accounting activities where the use of professional judgment is required. Additional responsibilities include the preparation of financial statements.
- Assists in month end close activities
- Reviews transactions to assure accounting treatment is in accordance with GAAP
- Reviews general ledger accounts and makes necessary journal entries including posting monthly, quarterly, and yearly accruals
- Analyzes and reviews company expenditures, confirms proper allocation of expenses to various cost centers, and reports to the various cost centers as necessary
- Provides support and serves as liaison to project managers
- Assists with and handles special projects as needed
- Provides necessary support to external auditors and tax preparers
- Provides training to junior accountants as necessary
- Performs data entry for Accounting journals
- Filing and other clerical duties as needed in supporting role
- Provide support for tax filings
- Provides support for fixed assets system
- SAP report writing and general report writing
- Provides support for cost center spending
- Builds working relationships with company cost center managers
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the areas of financial statement preparation and GAAP.
- 5+ years experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience in fixed assets accounting.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately.
- Speaks and writes in a clear and credible manner.
- Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom, as well as the best way to get that accomplished.
- Actively listens to others.
- Ability to present and explain information to executive management.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven.
- Keenness in examining data.
- Focuses on the intricate details in order to provide accurate and consistent information.
- Plans, organizes, and completes tasks in an acceptable time frame.
- Readily adheres to deadlines.
- Experience with advanced accounting systems.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a focus on solution-oriented results.
- Examines information/situation in detail in order to identify key elements and make a recommendation to solve problems.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
Certificates and Licenses
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer