Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Emmeryville, California | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conducting a search for an administrative and accounting professional to join one of our client’ s teams on a contract basis. Our client is a property management company with two offices in the Bay Area, this position would be based out of Emeryville, CA.
Qualifications/Experience Level: College Degree or an equivalent in accounting or finance administration is a plus but not required. Two years’ experience in accounting/bookkeeping or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Yardi Management Software is preferred but not required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and computer accounting systems.
Job Summary: General accounting functions for a group of assigned properties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Responsible for assigned mortgage escrows, replacement reserve, and tax and insurance
- Post recurring journal entries for prepaid and accrued expenses on a monthly basis.
- Receive and review operational invoices from properties and issue checks in a timely manner
- Make mortgage payments monthly
- Manage operating cash accounts for assigned properties
- Organize, scan, and file all accounting documents and periodic reports
- Assist and provide other departments with financial information as directed
- Communicate effectively and professionally with management, staff, owners, lenders, and auditors
- Prepare training materials and assist with training of property management staff as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Hours: 30 to 35/ week