Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Los Angeles, California | Direct Hire
Accounting Supervisor – Commercial Real Estate
Los Angeles based company with commercial/retail real estate holdings is looking for an Accounting Manager to lead a team of Senior Real Estate Accountants. Amazing culture and great place to work and grow in your career.
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for oversight, review and development of 4-5 senior accountants, creating and documenting procedures, implementing best practices and applying technical expertise.
- Complete m/e, q/e, y/e review of GL for approximately 45 properties, as prepared by senior accountants. Review includes; GL, balance sheet, P&L, bank reconciliation and financial analysis.
- Apply technical expertise to more complex real estate accounting issues.
- Oversight and review of annual Budget and CAM Reconciliation process.
- Review depreciation and amortization schedules, and maintain Fixed Asset procedures in Yardi and company-wide.
- Work on special projects as assigned including: implementations, report writing and development of policies and procedures.
- Review of bi-annual property tax payments, annual business tax and follow up.
- Review monthly financial analysis of properties, and prepare roll-up financial statements.
- Collaborate with co-supervisor and director of accounting to create meaningful financial reporting packages in Yardi.
- Collaborate closely with Property Management leadership to facilitate communication between Accountants and PMs.
- Backup oversight of high-volume (1700 invoices/week) AP function, and AR function.
- Assist accountants with set up and maintenance of lease and lease terms in Yardi.
- Review and track required reporting to lenders and other parties.
- Review and oversight of Accounts Receivable analysis and follow up.
- Mentor and support senior accounting team members.
- Weekly meetings with direct reports
- Effectively partner with both internal and external communities
- BS in Accounting, Finance or Real Estate.
- Strong Excel skills, and experience using a Real Estate software package – Yardi experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with commercial budgets, CAMs, straight-line.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- CPA license preferred.
- Two or more years in a Senior Real Estate Accountant role in commercial real estate, with increasing operational responsibilities.
- Technical expertise in complex real estate accounting transactions.
- Well-developed business acumen, including ability to recognize, follow up and remedy business issues.
- Excellent communication skills.