Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Accounts Payable Accountant
San Carlos, California | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conducting a search for a contract Accounts Payable Accountant for one of our clients, a large transportation company located in San Carlos, CA. The AP Accountant will report to a Sr. AP Accountant and will perform and review Accounts Payable reporting activities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Review, update, and maintain accurate accounting records.
- Interpret and apply accounting rules and regulations (GASB, GAAP, grantor’ s contract/agreement terms, etc.) on a variety of accounting activities (e.g. billing funding agencies).
- Interact with external funding agencies as well as internal departments [i.e. Grants, Budgets, Project Controls, accounts payable (A/P), accounts receivable (A/R), and general ledger (GL)].
- Analyze accounting data to identify variances, trends, exceptions, and discrepancies; initiate corrective journal entries or voucher adjustments.
- Perform account and fund reconciliations and G/L journal entries.
- Process A/R and A/P transactions.
Examples of Duties:
- Submit monthly claims (billings) for reimbursements.
- Monitor budgets by individual projects; track and analyze expenditures to ensure they are recorded appropriately.
- Assist with various accounting audits by preparing audit schedules and reconciliations.
- Review, analyze, verify and/or reconcile, revenue, expenses, fixed asset details, A/R, A/P, deferred revenue, and member agency contribution accounts, in the general ledger.
- Prepare and maintain documentation needed to support grants and projects, and for periodic audits (e.g. financial statements, reports, monthly billing to federal, state, and other local agencies).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Works under the general supervision of a Senior Accountant
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Three years of full-time accounting.
- Must have experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning system (e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle); experience with PeopleSoft is desirable.