Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Newport Beach, California | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is conducting a search for a contract Accounts Payable Clerk for one of our clients, a thriving large home builder, with their corporate headquarters in Newport Beach, CA. The Accounts Payable Clerk will perform a variety of “ clerical” accounting functions such as compiling and sorting documents, calculating and verifying amounts, and posting transactions to accounts. The Accounts Payable Clerk may provide procedural assistance to other accounting staff. The Accounting Clerk operates under minimal supervision. In order to achieve the general purpose of this position the following duties may be required:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scans and organizes documents from weekly check runs for storage and audit purposes.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy, approvals and support documents.
- Inputs invoices for payments.
- Posts manual and voided checks.
- Match check copies with invoices for accuracy.
- Journal entries for cash receipts.
- Audit of lots at close of escrow.
- Regular contact with the Director, Financial Operations and, depending on locations, an Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- High school diploma or (GED)- Required
- Bachelor’ s Degree- Preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role- preferred OR Bachelor’ s Degree with a few months of relative experience
- JD Edwards AS/400 platform
- MS Office Proficiency
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in excel.