Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Assistant District Secretary
San Carlos, California | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conducting a search for a contract Assistant District Secretary for one of our clients, a large transportation company located in San Carlos, CA. The Assistant District Secretary reports to the Executive Officer, District Secretary and provides administrative support for the Executive Officer, District Secretary, and the Board of Directors 3 organizations.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Provides administrative support to the Boards and committees.
- Attends preparation and committee meetings and documents relevant information.
- Assist the custodian of records for Board of Directors and committee matters, maintain official votes and attendance at committee meetings and document relevant information.
- Takes and record committee and Board of Directors meeting minutes.
- Performs administrative support and acts as the Executive Officer, District Secretary in his/her absence.
Examples of Duties:
- Responds to inquiries from the public, staff, or board members concerning the proceedings of the Board or the actions of committees.
- Assists in the retention, indexing and retrieval of official District Documents; Assists with public records requests.
- Records committee and Board of Directors meeting matters, maintain official votes and attendance at meetings, and prepare official minutes of proceedings.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the Board and prepares travel reports for Board members.
- Coordinates meeting activities; schedules meetings and prepares agendas; arranges facilities; notifies participants, takes and disseminates notes; coordinates the preparation and finalization of Board and committee meetings and related materials.
- Maintains files.
- Attends day and evening meetings off site and outside regular business hours.
- Coordinates and posts information to the agency website.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as required.
Supervision: Works under the general supervision of the District Secretary, who establishes goals and objectives, monitors and evaluates performance.
Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Five years of full-time experience providing executive level administrative support in a professional office environment.
- Associate’ s degree
- Experience performing duties in support of Boards of Directors, Councils or Commissions that operate under the Brown Act is desirable.
- Experience in records management is desirable.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.