Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Associate Scientist - SM 905
Santa Monica, California | Contract
Associate Scientist, Pharmacology
Looking for a highly motivated hands-on associate scientist who is flexible, enthusiastic with good organizational and communication skills to join the Pharmacology team.
This team evaluates in-house naked antibody cancer therapeutics including cancer immunotherapies and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) in human tumor xenograft models and patient-derived xenograft models, humanized mouse models and syngeneic models.
1. Perform vivo tumor growth evaluation, efficacy and other in vivo studies.
2. Generate and characterize new human cancer xenografts derived from patient specimens and determine appropriate conditions for their growth both in vivo and in vitro
3. Evaluate patient-derived and cell line-derived xenograft models against Standard of Care agents.
4. Construct subcutaneous, orthotopic and other types of tumor xenograft models to validate the biological functions of cancer targets, and evaluate the efficacy of antibody therapeutics and antibody drug conjugates.
5. Develop humanized mouse models and evaluate immunotherapies using these models
6. Administer therapeutic agents through different routes (including intraperitoneal, intravenous and oral)
7. Monitor effects on tumor growth, metastasis, survival and overall animal health.
8. Perform pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic studies.
9. Adhere to all local, state, and federal guidelines concerning the use of animals in research.
10. Analysis of cellular and biochemical markers and biological properties of cells from fresh tissue samples, including human and mouse immune and cancer cells, by combination of magnetic cell sorting, flow cytometry (FACS), multiplexed methodologies.
11. Summarize all in vivo data sets in power point slides and prepare study reports
12. When required present the data at project team meetings and other forums
13. The position involves collaboration and interaction with other scientists and staff members in Research.
1. The ideal candidate should have a BS/MS in biological sciences with a minimum of 3 years of experience in biological research preferably in an industry setting.
2. Previous experience in handling research rodents, especially different strains of immunodeficient mice, is required.
3. Experiences in pre-clinical validation of cancer therapeutics using syngeneic and xenograft models.
4. Multi-color flow cytometry (FACS): processing of samples, data collection and analysis (+4 colors).
5. Proficiency in primary cell/tissue culture techniques.
6. Experienced in functional assays to evaluate biological properties of mouse and human immune cells ex-vivo (e.g. cytokine release, cytotoxicity and proliferation assays).
7. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of software to support data analysis tasks (e.g., GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, Plate-Readers, Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
8. Effective trouble shooting and problem solving skills are required.
9. Must be able to work in a dynamic team environment
10. Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects at one time.
11. Experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
12. Should not have animal allergies