Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Bar and Cafe Manager
Los Angeles, California | Direct Hire
Exciting Bar and Cafe Manager Opportunity!
Do you have experience in Beverage and/or Cafe leadership? Have you worked as a bartender or are you well versed in hospitality and bar practices? Do you have a passion for exceptional guest service and customer satisfaction? A national entertainment company with several iconic venues in the Los Angeles area is looking to bring on a Bar and Cafe manager for multiple locations throughout LA. This individual would be responsible for maintaining and growing the bar and cafe staff, as well as improving bar/cafe profitability and efficiency.
The company has many deeply held values and a robust operating philosophy. The individual in this role would need to fully embrace the company’ s values and their philosophies while conducting the day to day operations. This means maintaining detailed and organized administrative practices, and actively supporting, training, and mentoring staff members. Along with this comes many benefits for this individual as well. Comprehensive mentorship and an excellent benefits package, including 401k with competitive match and medical insurance, are just a few of the perks of working with this company.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintain high quality food and beverage standards in all aspects of the cafe and bar
- Properly train and mentor staff on all company standards and practices
- Advise on behavioral and business changes inspired by revenue and customer metrics
- Manage complete recruitment process of staff members including: interviewing, hiring, training, mediating, and terminating of employees as necessary
- Schedule shifts and maintain proper number of staff members as demand changes
- Be willing to perform all staff tasks when necessary
- Maintain low operating costs
- Organize and purchase inventory
- Uphold company cleanliness standards and ensure compliance with all related government laws
- Develop and incorporate incentive programs to encourage success from staff
- 1-2 years of supervisor or management experience in a bar/cafe setting
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related field
- ServSafe certification is a plus
- Wine, beer, and cocktail experience is highly preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite skills (including Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- SAP knowledge is a plus
- Able to work a varied schedule, including nights and weekends