Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Newport Beach, California | Direct Hire
Great opportunity available for an experienced Benefits Coordinator/Specialist to join a dynamic HR team in their Newport Beach Corporate Headquarters. The Benefits Specialist will be responsible for the coordination and administration of all employee benefit programs, oversee all new hire enrollment and serve as the main liaison between employees and various benefits vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the maintenance of employee health and welfare records.
- Interface with employees to explain benefits; conduct new hire benefit orientation and assist employees with the initial benefit enrollment, changes in coverage and claim issues.
- Oversee all new hire enrollments and follow up with email reminders as needed. Manage reports and audits of new hire enrollment to ensure proper enrollment.
- Act as liaison between employee and insurance carrier as needed and assist in resolving any problem or disputes regarding benefits.
- Assist in Employment Verification Requests.
- Serve as Benefits Administrator of enrollments, changes and approvals regarding individual health plans.
- Responsible for all LOA coordination including proper documentation, LOA log, doctors’ notes, return to work and modified duty. Keep Managers informed of employee status, track benefits.
- Update OSHA posting in all divisions.
- Manage Workers Compensation claim processing including initial documents, OSHA logs and follow up items.
- Coordinate FSA Non-discrimination testing and filing.
- Conduct Medicare part D filing.
- Coordinate executive insurance coverage.
- Be familiar and stay up to date on state and federal regulations and procedures. (CA, AZ, NV, OR, WA, CO)
- Demonstrates a commitment to the company mission.
- Develops and maintains respect and harmony with all employees and management
- Manages tasks and deliverable independently.
- Exercises initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Solves problems by using knowledge of existing management policies, and departmental practices and procedures.
- Expected to meet established productivity and task management standards, or seek assistance.
Minimum Qualifications – Education/Experience:
- 3-4 years’ experience in HR with benefit experience procedures.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’ s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.