Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Napa, California | Direct Hire
The Business Analyst supports the Finance Team in the financial engagement of the respective sales divisions to help achieve financial goals and objectives. The Business Analyst supports the annual planning cycle for the respective sales divisions, including annual plan and latest estimates as well as collaborates in the development and execution of the processes and systems that support monthly accounting close and subsequent financial reporting. The Business Analyst performs analysis to be utilized in a comprehensive monthly business review process with sales VPs, DSMs and RSMs, including identification and mitigation of risks and opportunities.
- Supports the annual planning process for sales divisions, including detailed breakouts of divisions and subordinate regions, complete with monthly calendarization of sales volume, pricing, revenue, cogs, expenses and margins. Provides input to develop efficient templates and works to create approved product.
- Performs monthly analysis to support review with Business Managers - providing overview on business financial results. Includes risk and opportunity analysis where applicable.
- Develops financial journal entries on a monthly basis. Supports the monthly close process including spend accrual review and analysis, coupon redemption accruals and reconciliation etc. Analyzes accrued vs. actual expense trends.
- Reviews and approves pricing changes in alignment with brand pricing guidelines, local business practices and company objectives.
- Investigates and corrects anomalies or inaccuracies in financial data or results.
- Facilitates Ad Hoc analysis as necessary.
- Maintains financial partnerships with sales managers and VP.
- Maintains relationships with various functional management teams to ensure quality deliverables and information flow, including accounting, FP&A, Business Performance Management, HROC, the Chain Team, and Marketing.
- Acts as expert on reporting systems. Drives innovation and efficiencies to improve reporting.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in business, finance, or accounting required.
- 2 years of experience in accounting or financial management, including prior experience in wine or beverage alcohol business.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with the three-tier distribution network, and shipment, depletion and scan data reporting and analysis.
- Expert computer skills are required, with ability to report and analyze multi-dimensional data and complex information.
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills, analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer