Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Business Systems Analyst 4
San Ramon, California | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to analyze business and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems for a large consumer banking firm in San Ramon, CA. A typical Business Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations.
- Documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware, and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies systems parameters.
- Assists in formulating and defining small project/system scope and objectives and developing detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank' s system architecture standards.
- Participates in evaluating existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Assists with analyzing, developing and revising existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Works with IT team through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result.
- Assists in conducting feasibility studies and may participate in recommending new or enhanced applications software to meet business needs.
- Provides basic coordination and analytical assistance to staff which may include interpretation of requirements.
- Provides assistance in developing detailed requirements with business partners and system definition.
- Reviews, drafts, and outlines simple systems specifications, screen designs, and reports from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank' s system architecture standards.
- May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing.
- May support maintenance of business systems and interface applications.
- Ensures compliance to departmental and bank processes or procedures related to supported systems.
- Provides support as a subject matter expert to department or business units for small/less complex business applications or system processes.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Strong knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, etc.
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- 8-10 years experience required.