Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Cash Applications Specialist
Los Angeles, California | Contract
As a Specialist - Cash Applications, you will be an essential member of the Accounts Receivable team responsible for inputting cash receipts for the A/R team to ensure the proper and timely receipt of payments. In this role, you would be responsible for interacting with the company' s banking institutions where necessary to ensure the application of payments received.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support center management and the A/R Manager with respect to any relevant issues relating to cash receipts, applications, collections, bankruptcies, etc.
- Utilize the proper modules in JD Edwards E1 (as uniquely modified to fit Company' s business) to accurately apply all cash receipts in a timely manner.
- Investigate and resolve issues interfering with the proper application of cash receipts, including inadequate (or missing) information on checks, incorrect set-up of tenants on the system, etc.
- Help transition tenant payments to ACH (electronic) transactions and be part of a team that will streamline the billing, receipts, applications and collections processes.
- Work towards achieving all A/R targets and strive to satisfy all Key Performance Indicators.
- Seek out and communicate opportunities to continuously improve, standardize and streamline the company' s cash receipts and applications processes.
- Work effectively within the company to ensure records are updated and accurate.
- Set up and maintain the necessary lockbox account information on the system for each business unit, as necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- 3 - 5 years experience in an accounts receivable/cash applications environment.
- Financial acumen, with a strong focus on customer service.
- Real Estate / Property Management experience a plus.
- Experience and use of ERP software, preferably JD Edwards E1 and familiarity with A/R systems and interfaces.
- Computer skills required including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical and general quantitative skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented and strives for continuous improvement.
- Ability to prioritize and simultaneously work on several projects under strict timelines.
- Works well and collaboratively in a team environment.
- University or college graduate, or relevant experience in accounts receivable.