Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Construction Manager/ Senior Project Manager
Anaheim, CA 92809
Company is seeking a superior Construction Manager for its Northern California Region. The company serves well-known customers having multiple store locations and providing great diversity of work. This position will provide long term stability for the right individual.
Construction Manager with qualified experience overseeing multiple fast-track project teams in the following categories will be considered:
- Experience in Commercial construction in all facets including onsite and offsite work
- Big box retail store
- Quick service restaurants
- Full service restaurants
- Fuel stations and convenience stores
- Ground-up, new build, tenant improvement, store remodel, multi-site/similar scope roll-out, and re-image projects
- Supports General Manager Construction with assigned responsibilities
- Manages and supports all general construction customer activities with the collaboration of the Project Managers’ services
- Trains assigned personnel on company’ s financial objectives
- Assigns Project Managers to execute negotiated/awarded projects based on experience and client expectations
- Assigns Project Engineers or Project Coordinators to support Project Managers with execution of projects
- Manages Project Managers assigned to projects
- Reviews and approves project specific budgets
- Works with general construction staffing to ensure that they understand the Project Manager expectations as communicated by clients
- Schedules performance reviews for personnel assigned to Construction Manager
- Assists in interviews and personnel hires for construction department
- Resolves unforeseen project conditions; inclusive of subcontractor challenges, with Project Managers
- Reviews Project Managers’ weekly schedules and reports for accuracy and completeness
- 8+ years of Construction Management/Senior Project Management Experience
- Experience in Commercial Construction in all facets including onsite and offsite work
- Ability to read and interpret architectural plans and specifications
- Scheduling, purchasing, estimating, as well as management of personnel, vendors, and subcontractors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, have strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills to ensure all established deadlines are achieved
- Candidates will be proficient with computers and must be familiar with Microsoft Outlook and Excel - Microsoft Project and Sage Timberline experience is a plus
The Construction Manager position is a salaried management position that will require investment of time and effort beyond a “ 9-to-5" work week.
Applicant must have a positive attitude towards change. Able to identify the need, remove the barriers and has the know how to make things happen. Values diversity of ideas, opinions, and people.
Employer and Client references are required. Candidates must have valid California Driver License and clean driving record. All final candidates will be subject to a Drug Screen, Motor Vehicle Report, and Criminal Background Check prior to hiring.