Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Credentialing HIMS Specialist - Mountain View (498285)
2500 Grant Road Mountain View, California 94040 | Contract
We are looking for a Health Informatics Medical Specialist to join our team at a hospital in Mountain View. This hospital is an innovative, publicly accountable and locally controlled comprehensive healthcare organization which cares for the sick, relieves suffering and provides quality, cost competitive services to improve the health and well being of the community.
The HIMS Specialist is responsible for picking up discharged patient medical records from designated areas within the hospital, preparing documentation for scanning into the legal medical records following a set protocol, analyses documentation to assure the record is complete through quantitative and qualitative analysis and assigns relevant deficiencies. Performs physician suspension process. Processes paper medical records. Requests and returns medical records from/to off-site storage facilities. Releases protected health information according to HIM Policies and Procedures and State and Federal regulations. Accessing the transcription system to print/send requested reports to nursing units, assist physicians with electronic chart completion, answers telephones and direct calls. Prepares end of shift reports using Excel. May be required to work occasional weekends and holidays as scheduled or a different shift or hours to meet operational needs of the department.
This IS a part time position - 4 hours a day, every day of the week. There is flexibility in schedule.
1. High school diploma or equivalent with some college or RHIT credential preferred
2. Demonstrated advanced computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
3. Minimum of two years’ experience performing inpatient analysis and/or release of information in an acute care Health Information Management Department.
4. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and interruptions.
5. Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
6. Attention to detail in order to differentiate text and numeric sequences
7. Work in a fast pace environment, maintain a high concentration level, and work independently, as well as in a team environment.
8. Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule
9. Valid CA driving license with proof of insurance ()
AGES OF PATIENTS SERVED
This position does not generally require contact with patients, but may communicate with patients of all age categories.