Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Data Analyst 3
San Ramon, California | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is conducting a search for a contract Data Analyst for one of our clients, a large consumer banking firm in San Ramon, CA. The ideal candidate for this Data Analyst opportunity will coordinate changes to computer databases, test, and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems.
- Executes test, data extraction, and analysis utilizing the department' s various computer software packages within established deadlines.
- Prepares, and documents detailed specifications of the programs utilized to pull data. Includes: creation and use of documents to facilitate the request and data integrity of the data that is provided to the internal customer.
- May analyze and make recommends on business, technology, and process improvement opportunities.
- Partners with various business lines to perform data analysis procedures as applicable to the support of ongoing projects.
- Generates ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries.
- Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems and/or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 5-7 years applicable experience required.
- Experience with database technologies.
- Knowledge of the ETL process.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Experience in building relational data structures, including relationships between tables and grouping data.
- Technical skills to manipulate and analyze data in a variety of formats (e.g. SAS, SQL, Access, JCL)
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated history of success.
- Desire to be working with data and helping businesses make better data driven decisions.