Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Director IT Security - HO
San Jose, California | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conducting a search for a contract to hire IT Security Director. The IT Security Director will provide vision and leadership for developing and supporting security initiatives. The IT Security Director directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems, business operations and facility defenses against security breaches and vulnerability issues. This individual is also responsible for auditing existing systems, while directing the administration of security policies, activities and standards Secondary tasks will include the selection of appropriate security solutions and oversight of any vulnerability audits and assessments. The IT Security Director is expected to interface with peers in the Systems and Network departments, as well as with the leaders of the business units to, both, share the corporate security vision with those individuals and to solicit their involvement in achieving higher levels of enterprise security through information sharing and co-operation.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and via email.
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration. Master’ s degree in one these fields or Information Security preferred.
- A HiTrust certification such as Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- 7 plus years’ experience managing and/or directing an IT and/or security operation.
- 12 years’ experience working in the IT industry