Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Ceres, California | Direct Hire
The Electrical Engineer will design, develops, and tests all aspects of electrical components, equipment, and machinery. The candidate will apply knowledge of electrical engineering principles to design machines under the supervision of Senior Engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Employ engineering disciplines that promote design for manufacturability and assembly and optimizing for cost, performance, reliability and maintenance.
- Create control concepts and specifications for research and development of new equipment and existing machine control improvements.
- Prepare potential projects with Supervisor, Management and Sales. Evaluate customer specifications, new technology and products, cost, etc.
- Diagram logic systems for PLC, Servo, HMI, etc. From those diagrams, write and maintain programs for PLC and motion control applications.
- Design electrical, pneumatic and power controls along with operator interface and other machine control components and devices. Generate electrical assembly and schematic drawings using AutoCAD or Solidworks.
- Troubleshooting and debugging of control systems.
- Coordinating other electrical engineers as assigned.
- Advise/support electrical production departments on the building of control systems.
- Assist field service department with programming, configuration, debugging and installation of machinery, etc.
- Works on phases and sub-tasks or entire projects of moderate complexity.
- Plans projects and sub-tasks so they can be tracked and presented.
- Leads technical staff or junior engineers.
- Provide engineering support for Field Service Engineers.
- Responsible for distinguishing problems, identifying them and attaining solutions to these problems.
- Accountable in terms of sharpening professional skills and knowledge on project organization, standards of engineering and scientific investigation and evaluation to be more efficient at work.
- Pursue engineering excellence using continuous improvement processes and programs.
- Maintain dependable and accurate Bills of Material.
- Maintain, organize and manage engineering product library and software.
- Follow detailed instructions; meet production goals and completes work according to standard procedures on assignments from the engineering department.
- Organizes and maintains project files.
- Handle daily operations and manage document files in hard copy/electronic form.
- Create and maintain electrical engineering documentation, including machine files, code documentation, component and software specifications.
- Participate in machine fabrication, assembly and testing as directed.
- Become a subject matter expert of at least one system with working knowledge of a number of systems and technical subjects.
- Works under general supervision while independently determining approach to assigned tasks.
- Participates in design reviews.
- Exercises considerable latitude and technical judgment in deciding work methods and a certain degree of creativity.
- Train own workgroup and effectively leads small teams within own workgroup.
- Completes necessary engineering calculations, creates drawings, compiles bills of materials, and identifies vendors.
- Develops timelines for completion of design projects.
- Confers with Sales and Production to meet design specifications within budget.
- Monitors the build of equipment on the floor to verify functionality and overall quality.
- Preferred candidates should have a Bachelor’ s of Science in Electrical Engineering from a college or university with an ABET certified curriculum.
- 3 to 5 years experience in the field of practical application of the elements of electrical engineering for machine design is required.
- Must be a US citizen or able to work in the US for reasons other than practical training.
- Ability to work with all levels of engineers, manufacturing and production personnel, sales, administration and management.
- Solid organizational and planning skills. Must be able to pay attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, articulate, team player, and dependable.
- Self-starter, able to work in a fast paced environment with accuracy/efficiency.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with CAD or CAE applications (i.e. AutoCAD Electrical)
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Some project management is required, with the ability to lead a small team.
- Able to give effective presentations to general audiences and write convincing proposals and reports with all necessary back up material for internal consumption.
- Knowledgeable in all technical areas of group’ s scope or the ability to achieve that level of proficiency in a short period of time.
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and able to manage keeping goals within budget.
- Effectively communicate and works well in a team environment, provides input and feedback in a helpful manner.
- Able to interact well with vendors.
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer