Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Austin, Texas | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conducting a search for a contract HR Generalist for one of our clients, a quickly growing healthcare company in San Jose, CA. The HR Generalist provides analytical support and assists with various Human Resources projects. This position works on projects which ensure company compliance with federal and state laws governing Human Resources practices.
- Research applicable federal and state laws; analyze and interpret employee data
- Assist in the creation of Human Resources processes
- Develop and review communications to convey plans and policies to a diverse audience to include employees and management
- Participate in and lead special projects in all areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to: Benefits, Compensation, Leave of Absences, Workers Compensation, Retirement Plans, Health and Welfare programs, and HRIS
- Assist in the development of programs to educate managers on Human Resources programs and policies
- Provides guidance to managers in developing job descriptions
- Assist in development of salary structures
- Assist with the coordination of the merit increase process
Minimum Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor’ s degree preferred
- Five (5) years Human Resources experience required
- Compensation, benefits and/or HRIS systems experience preferred
- Experience in plan design and/or communication development preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced environment performing multiple tasks/projects
- Human Resources Certification preferred (CCP/GRP/CBP/CEBS/PHR/SPHR)
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytic skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact and consult with management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Knowledge of FLSA, DOL and other regulatory and compliance requirements related to benefits and compensation preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- SharePoint skills preferred
Skills: Five (5) years Human Resources experience: 5 Years High school diploma or GED Bachelor' s Degree Compensation, benefits and/or HRIS systems experience. Experience in plan design and/or communication development Human Resources Certification SharePoint Skills.