Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Oakland, California | Contract
The HRIS Manager will provide functional and technical lead support of the use of the HR applications and data. This individual will leverage their expertise to contribute to and support HR system implementations, upgrades, testing and other technical projects as assigned. All HR metrics and HR data requests are the responsibility of the HRIS team.
Four (4) years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable professional level experience in automated human resources information systems (HRIS) administration, which must have included professional business process experience in one or more of the following personnel functions: recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, employee development, payroll and personnel records, or employee benefits.
Principle duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions) include:
Strategy and Systems Evolution
• Functional and system expert on the HRIS (PeopleSoft) and other HRIS systems, coaching HRIS analyst and other HR associates on system use and developing advanced ways to utilize the systems.
• Manage relationship with HRIS vendor and be active in relevant HRIS Communities, User Groups, conferences, etc.
• Develop relationships with Partner Organizations and other HRIS clients to build a network of resources for references and knowledge exchange. Understand different implementation strategies and usage models of the HRIS suite of products.
• Work with VP HR, Technology group and Business Leads on defining the HRIS roadmap including prioritization and communication of progress; Execute on the roadmap to bring the HRIS systems in alignment with strategic vision.
• Evaluate all user issues and enhancement requests (system, reports & dashboards) to determine their validity, level of effort, prioritization and if they should be completed in order to effectively support the roadmap of HRIS. Make recommendations to the VP of HR for her use in the HRIS Governance Committee.
Qualifications and Skills
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
• Project management discipline and process
• Ability to handle multiple tasks as once
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Software, advanced excel skills preferred
• Ability to create and deliver training and user support
• Track record of delivering exceptional customer service experience
• Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative and results driven environment
• HRIS experience preferred with PeopleSoft
• Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
• A Bachelor’ s degree in human resources, public ad ministration, business administration, industrial relations, organizational development, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.