Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Head of Talent
San Francisco, California | Direct Hire
Head of Talent
Our client is a professional services agency in San Francisco looking for a Head of Talent to join their team. This person will manage the full scope of HR responsibilities including recruiting, benefit administration, performance evaluations and learning & development. This candidate will make the agency a great place to work, and an employer of choice for technology communications professionals.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned HR leader who thrives in an unstructured, start-up environment. We are looking for diligence, creativity, flexibility – balance with the ability to create process where required. We operate in a casual office environment, but we are very serious about producing quality work and unparalleled results. As part of a small team where our individual job titles mean very little and quality of work means everything, you will be held accountable to a high standard and expected to pitch in where needed across the board.
Culture & Strategy:
- Work with senior leadership to create and maintain a high-performing, motivated, and impactful team.
- Partner with senior leadership to develop and lead efforts that bring our mission, vision and values to life
- Provide guidance and counsel the entire team by establishing an “ open door” for all matters culture and people related
Recruiting & Workforce Planning:
- Partner with senior leadership to make staffing decisions based on individual development needs and the scope of talent pipeline. Key stakeholders include managing partners, head of finance and operations, and day-to-day people managers
- Manage recruiting workflow including sourcing and contacting potential candidates, writing and reviewing job descriptions, posting positions, screening resumes, coordinating interviews, verifying references, following-up with managers and with candidates
- Develop and roll out key metrics to measure employee happiness, performance, engagement, and retention
- Create an incredible employee experience which begins in the recruiting process and extends to onboarding and ongoing development
Learning & Development:
- Create an agency training curriculum aimed at developing communications leaders as managers, and enhancing overall team skills with the ultimate goal of happier and motivated employees
- Oversee new hire orientation including assembling new hire packets and follow up of outstanding paperwork
- Create structure and guidelines for managing performance, providing ongoing feedback, and coaching to elevate every employee regardless of role and title to achieve their fullest potential
- Performance Management & Compensation: Roll out company-wide performance management programs that reward excellence and drives continuous, transparent feedback
- Develop, implement and manage compensation and benefits programs and policies that are aligned with the market and reward great work.
- Maintain all employee files including I-9 forms, new hire documentation/packets while maintaining confidentiality of all records and information processed
- Ensure compliance as the in-house expert on all employment law and regulatory matters
- Continually benchmark the competitiveness of all people programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets
- 7-10 plus years of people operations experience with 2 plus years at creative or professional services firm
- BA or BS; S/PHR or similar HR certification preferred
- Must be flexible and adaptable
- Positive, proactive attitude that reflects the many hats worn by all employees
- Trustworthy and well spoken, with the maturity to handle confidential information
- Likes the challenge of working in a start-up organization, where new processes and support systems are created and modified as the company grows
- Ability to interact at every level of an organization
- Ability to establish priorities, manage work independently and meet deadlines
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, and chiropractic/acupuncture insurance
- Opportunity to participate in 401K and profit sharing
- Flexible vacation policy
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Gym/Wellness reimbursement
- Catered Monday lunches and well-stocked snack pantry
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer