Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Human Resources Generalist
51 Federal St # 202 San Francisco, California 94107 | Direct Hire
Property management company headquartered in beautiful San Francisco. We are a family owned business that has been around for over 40 years with offices around the country.
We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist professional to join our growing company. We are looking for an individual that is self motivated and has a very strong HR background. Someone who is able to wear many hats within the organization. Work life balance is very important to us along with having a candidate that will be with us for a long time. This is a full time position with benefits.
- Coordinate pre-boarding new hires to include background and drug tests, all new hire paperwork and follow-up throughout the new hire’ s introductory period.
- Manage health and welfare enrollment, tie out with monthly invoices, and assist with annual renewals, open enrollment, audits, and reporting.
- Administer all leave of absences to ensure compliance with federal law, various state laws, and company policies.
- Manage workers compensation claims and reporting, assist employees as needed.
- Process termination paperwork, COBRA administration.
- Respond to Employee verification and Unemployment claims filed.
- Respond to EDD court appearance(s) in response to contested claims.
- Manage quarterly reporting.
- Collaborate with Payroll Administrator semi-monthly to produce timely and accurate payroll.
- Process payroll as a backup when needed.
- Produce excel spreadsheets to produce various commission plans with quality assurance.
- Cross check data with the Payroll Administrator and Office administrator so that all employee actions are updated in trackers, ADP, and personnel files.
- Ensure ADP is set up correctly to support policy and proper mapping to financial statements.
- Manage quarterly reporting compliant with multiple state laws.
- Create and execute standard and ad hoc reports to support from ADP, maintain tracking reports, and provide analysis when needed.
- Track for completion of required training.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure compliance in the corporate office and the field.
- May be assigned other duties as needed.
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years’ experience in human resources to include a variety of disciplines: onboarding, payroll, benefits administration, leaves of absences, Workers Compensation, HR compliance and processes and file management.
- Working knowledge of ADP is required, ideally Workforce Now.
- Prior payroll experience or strong understanding of payroll compliance and processes.
- Experienced working with mixed labor force to include non-exempt workforce across multiple locations and states.
- Strong interpersonal abilities and is service oriented. Able to establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels in the office and in the field. Is comfortable addressing issues directly and in a professional and friendly manner.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office, intermediate Excel, comfortable with v-look up and pivot tables.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and extremely detailed oriented. Able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other similar degree. PHR (Professional Human Resources) Certification desirable
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer