Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Human Resources Generalist
San Rafael, California | Direct Hire
Human Resources Generalist
Our client is a non-profit organization located in San Rafael. The organization has been around for 35 years. They are looking for an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join their team. This role will will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will work closely with Program Directors and Managers on both recruitment and employee retention. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive human resources program that includes recruitment, on-boarding, staff evaluation and employee development as well as retention. This role ensures compliance with all local, state and federal employment laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the full cycle of recruitment. Activities include developing job specifications (including compensation), sourcing of applicants, leading screenings and orientations, conducting reference checks and implementing a recruitment tracking system.
- Responsible for a staff evaluation process and for defining and maximizing mobility options throughout the Agency. Supports directors and managers in developing and implementing professional development plans for staff.
- In collaboration with Directors, define the required competencies and wage ranges for each Agency role.
- Collects and reports on diversity, equity and inclusion data as well as other recruitment statistics.
- Leads employee on-boarding activities; answers employee questions and provides support to directors and managers when integrating new hires into the organization.
- Coordinates and ensures completion of employee exit interviews. Reports outcome of same to management and tracks/maintains exit data.
- Helps to maintain a competitive benefits package and leads employee recognition programs.
- Designs new systems, processes, materials and training programs to support retention strategies, talent search and to ensure compliance and regulatory standards are met.
- Annually review and enhance the employee handbook for policy updates and compliance with Federal and State requirements.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field of study
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases
- Knowledge of labor legislation
- Experience with interviews, candidate screening and evaluation
- Familiarity with social media and other professional networks
- Strong decision making skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Competitive Salary
- 3 Weeks of PTO
- 12 Sick Days
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer