Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Mechanical Design Technician
Ceres, California | Direct Hire
This position requires a person trained in mechanical drafting who is also willing to learn machine component design as well as documentation and quality control. The Mechanical Design Technician creates drawings, maintains and compiles bills of materials, machine files and prepares supporting documentation including manuals. Creates and organizes digital documentation. Confers with Sales and Engineering departments to facilitate transforming sales orders and information into engineering parts releases to meet project timelines. Trains and works with the Quality Manager to inspect machine components including operating direct computer controlled CMM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafts machine components as directed
- Designs change parts sets for new equipment and existing equipment in the field
- Assist in development of automatic change parts models.
- Maintains dependable and accurate BOM’ s and machine files.
- Maintains, organizes, and manages change parts library, design handbooks, machine files and manuals.
- Creates machine manuals for new and existing machines
- Maintains effective cooperation between Engineering, Sales, and Production
- Follows detailed instructions and completes work according to company design guidelines
- Creates prints, DXF or PDF files for other departments upon request
- Trains in QC and inspects machine components
- Preferred candidates will have a 2 year certificate in mechanical drafting or closely related field. (Experience will be accepted in lieu of education.)
- 2+ years of experience (Preferred)
- Must be willing to learn documentation and quality control.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of management
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer