Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Office Technician (Senior Mobility Program Assistant)
San Carlos, California | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conducting a search for a Part-Time Office Technician (Senior Mobility Program Assistant) for one of our clients, a large transportation company located in San Carlos, CA. The Office Technician will be reporting to the Senior Mobility Project Coordinator. This position is the second-level position in the administrative support series providing basic clerical and office support services. Under supervision, the Office Technician will perform a variety of daily, weekly and monthly tasks utilizing established procedures in support of the Mobility Ambassador Program.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Create and manage systems to manage and maintain Mobility Ambassador program and Veterans Mobility Corps.
- Track Ambassadors’ information (Status, activity hours worked, number of contacts made, number of people trained, etc.).
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Ambassador Program database to track program effectiveness over time, and conduct follow-up surveys.
- Develop safety and security procedures (e.g. self-audit checklist) and regular reports on volunteers’ compliance.
- Help develop the program by recruiting, training and developing new volunteers.
- Responsible for outreach, training and meeting logistics. Schedule and assist with making presentations.
- Assist volunteers with outreach activities by creating a management system for outreach events and activities, such as having enough volunteers to staff events, ordering and ensuring all materials are on-site before events and returned after events, and (alternating with Project Coordinator) attend events and assist volunteers.
- Assist Ambassadors with training delivery as needed, including leading training sessions when necessary.
- Perform pre-travel screening for potential trainees to determine eligibility for training.
- Conduct follow up participant surveys, input survey data and prepare survey reports.
Examples of Duties:
- Update procedural and training manuals as necessary.
- Create and maintain Mobility Ambassador Program files and reports as needed.
- Track Training sessions information (date, location, number of attendees, purpose, survey feedback, trainer, training feedback, next steps).
- Research contacts for prospective partnerships.
- Administrative tasks such as generating reports and updating procedural and training manuals.
- Regularly search web and news to update opportunities and set up outreach opportunities for Coordinator or Ambassadors.
- Respond verbally and in writing to questions from the public, volunteers and other staff members.
- Establish positive working relationships with District staff and volunteers.
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’ s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Supervision: Works under the general supervision of the Senior Mobility Project Coordinator, who establishes goals and objectives and evaluates performance.
Sufficient education, training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Two years full-time office experience dealing with customers, or a combination of education and experience demonstrating the ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Formal training in business or customer service may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to use initiative and good judgment.
- Must be able to obtain a California Driver’ s License.
- Experience working with volunteers is preferred.