Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Santa Clara, California | Direct Hire
A Data Center Development company is looking for an ambitious and self-starting Project Engineer to drive core project coordination efforts across a wide spectrum of ongoing construction projects. Daily tasks include submittal approval management, RFI processing, change order management, meeting coordination, punch-list management, administration of project observation reports, participation in commissioning, and transition of close-out documentation to operations. Regular collaboration and coordination is required with internal resources and design-build contractors.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage individual tasks throughout the construction process including submittal and RFI process
- Transcribe meeting minutes and action items and drive each item to closure
- Ensure project compliance with Vantage document controls and file specifications
- Administer project closeout specifications and associated turnover documentation
- Prepare agenda and documents for weekly DEC meetings and drive action items to closure
- Assist superintendent and project managers in implementation of project specifications
- Translate job requirements to execution in the field with minimal supervision
- Prioritize input required from internal stakeholders and drive to meet scheduled timelines
- Assist project manager in preparing monthly financial updates and forecasts
- Facilitate page-turn reviews and capture comments with action items for internal team
- As required, manage design team/contractors throughout each project
- Work closely with Operations to coordinate work with MOP log and track required approvals
- Awareness of the importance of mission-critical facility operation
- Project Commissioning Support
- Additional duties as assigned from time to time by Management.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, or similar field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Engineer in assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity required
- Data Center experience is a preferred
- Experience in CSA (civil, structural, architectural) and MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) construction management is a strong preference
- Expected travel is less than 5%, but may grow and evolve over time