Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Payment Services Specialist I
Phoenix, Arizona | Contract To Hire
Contract-to-Hire opportunity in NW Phoenix! Large - STABLE company with great benefits!
The Payment Services Specialist I provides POS payment acceptance services and support, which includes resolving customer payment disputes, check collections, ACH updates, and inquiries to a satisfactory conclusion. This position provides one point of contact to our customers, store personnel, and external requests to ensure that the aforementioned issues are handled in a consistent and timely manner. In addition, the Payment Services Specialist I is responsible for assisting with administrative tasks that include responding to customer correspondence, skip tracing, and bank errors.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collections - This position is expected to utilize various collection strategies in an attempt to collect payments while following the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and state guidelines and laws. Is accountable for negotiating payment terms for principal and fees in order to reduce our check write-off.
• Dispute Resolution - Investigate disputes involving payment acceptance, return checks, ACH, credit and debit transactions.
• Payment/Check Authorization - Provide assistance to retail stores to help resolve check authorization situations such as payroll and check declines at the POS. This includes maintaining the check/ACH authorization databases for situations such as customer upgrades, velocity limits, fraud and risk control, and overrides.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) & Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) understanding and be able to follow the guidelines. Prior PC and keyboard knowledge.
• Some retail and/or customer service experience, some 1st party collections, and call center experience is preferred but not required.
• Provide a high degree of customer focus. Ability to use a computer to enter and/or retrieve information. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access; and the ability to quickly learn and use other software packages.
• Ability to compute basic math calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
• Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly for written and verbal communications.
• Must work independently with minimal supervision.
• Problem solving, able to independently make good sound decisions and take the appropriate steps to resolve the issue at hand.
**Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen**