Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Modesto, California | Direct Hire
The Payroll Administrator performs all activities necessary to process full-cycle payroll, including maintaining related records, running voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, and documenting and updating procedures.
- Prepare and process biweekly payroll for 170+ employees; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
- Coordinate between payroll, human resources, and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
- Monitor submissions of approved timesheets and ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service.
- Document any discrepancies in payroll processing to maintain a clear record of reconciliation and adjustments.
- Processes wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary State office or jurisdiction and assisting employees with general process questions.
- Work with current payroll/timekeeping provider for technical issues with time-reporting systems.
- Perform filing and upkeep of bi-weekly payroll records.
- Prepare fiscal year-end reports and reconcile W-2 information for accuracy and management review.
- Provide administrative assistance to the HR Department.
- 2+ years of payroll processing experience
- Multi-state and multi-location experience preferred
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Team player, detail oriented, and excellent communicator
- Experience with payroll processing systems and software (Ascentis, NOVAtime, etc.)
- High level of attention to detail and reporting accuracy
- Problem solving and ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Highly organized
- Ability to use discretion and judgment when handling confidential information
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer