Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Francisco, California | Direct Hire
Fantastic opportunity in the San Francisco Bay Area! This position is with a family owned Property Management company. They have been around for over 40 years and have multiple offices around the country. Our client is looking for a self-motivated and experienced Payroll Administrator.
- responsible for processing the semi-monthly payroll
- ensure all payroll checks, vacation, bonus and commission wages are processed timely and accurately
Human Resources Policies and Procedures
- Oversees and/or performs multi-state payroll processing functions to ensure time records are maintained
- ensures pay is accurately calculated and proper deductions are made; and is responsible for functions relating to check preparation and distribution as scheduled. Processes employee time cards ensuring information is accurate and complete
- Manage and oversee proper commission calculations for management teams based on gross revenues on a semi-monthly and monthly period.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll records by entering new hires, maintaining database with updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefits deductions, time off accruals, etc.
- Deducts insurance premiums, 401(k) contributions, and other voluntary benefits from employee paychecks as necessary.
- Ensures that all garnishments, SDI' s and all other third party wage assignments are expedited in accordance with written instructions.
- Calculate and prepare retroactive pay and payroll discrepancies based on information provided by Human Resources or the department as applicable, in a timely manner.
- Maintain records of employee attendance, leave, and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements.
- Process payroll documents in accordance with existing policies and procedures, provincial legislations, and generally accepted practices.
- Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, garnishments and insurance for all manual checks.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts for upper management.
- Monthly reporting such as BLS, multi-state jurisdictions, etc.
- Prepare General Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, Apts 11A, ISM Reports, reports to submit to accounting for processing.
- Process year-end vacation cash out and Bonus Batches.
- Maintain close communications with Human Resources Generalist to keep current on all employee changes to payroll administration.
- Processes and distributes paper checks.
- Answers employee questions about, taxes and payroll.
- Keeps logs and records of processed payrolls for reference.
- Retrieves payroll records for audits and other necessary purposes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Stays current on payroll compliance and tax laws.
- Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Very limited exposure to physical risk or very limited physical effort required;
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Administration/Finance, Accounting, or other similar degree.
- Preferred Skills and Work Experience:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of payroll processing experience for a multi-state employer with multiple locations.
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system (ADP Workforce Now)
- Knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office) and working knowledge of the Internet.
- Demonstrates good judgment; approachable and professional; solid problem solving skills; ability to handle multiple tasks; self-motivated; well organized.
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer