Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
St. Helena, California | Direct Hire
A well established winery is looking for a motivated, energetic, and highly professional candidate for a ? Payroll Administrator ? opportunity. The Payroll Administrator will manage all payroll functions. You will also coordinate human resources activities including but not limited to employment and employee relations and employee benefits. The Payroll Administrator maintains confidentiality and upholds integrity while providing the upmost in exceptional customer service.
- Performs weekly and bi-weekly payroll process. Conducts the review, verification, and processing of payroll data.
- Administers payroll-related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, termination, status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit.
- Responds to all payroll-related inquiries including but not limited to payroll deductions, wage garnishments, child support payments, vacation and sick accruals, and employment verifications; resolves employee pay issues.
- Reconcile vacation and sick leave balances monthly; distribute accrual reports to supervisors and managers.
- Ensure payrolls are processed in accordance with legal and business requirements.
- Maintain records of all payroll transactions and interactions with employees and partners. Ensure overall record maintenance is consistent and complies with IRS record retention guidelines.
- Train new hires and new managers on payroll system.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of payroll requirements and best practices and continually reassess our compliance with them.
- Foster and maintain relationship with ADP / ExakTime for problem resolution and improvements.
- Accurately prepare and request payroll funding. Prepare monthly reconciliation reports.
- Generate annual payroll calendar.
- Distribute Workers’ Compensation kits to new workgroups, report new claims, monitor claims and return-to-work program; respond to carrier/claims adjusters’ inquiries.
- Assures required labor law posters/information is in place.
- Ensures all I-9’ s are maintained.
- Order and distribute vineyard office supplies.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Assist with completion of Employment verification in accordance with Company Policy.
- Coordinate temp labor during harvest.
- Assists with administration of safety programs, investigates accidents, and prepares reports.
- Manage CINTAS delivery of safety PPE and update first aid ancillary items.
- Purchase, organize and distribute department uniforms.
- Manage Safety shoe program and introduce to new employees.
- File and maintain safety binder for FARM and Production Teams.
- Assists with training sessions, monthly safety field observations, safety projects.
- AA or equivalent, two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of HR, Benefit and Payroll laws and regulations
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient on all Microsoft programs
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Effective communication skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer