Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Rafael, California | Direct Hire
This position is for a full-time Payroll Administrator to work in the Corporate Offices of in San Rafael, CA. Qualified Candidates will have three to five years payroll experience. Certified Payroll Professional designation (CPP) and experience with Kronos & Ultimate Software highly desirable. Pay will commensurate with experience.
- Performs all activities required to process multi-state biweekly and monthly payroll.
- Provides oversight and assistance with daily timekeeping tasks.
- Oversees W2 preparation and year end processing.
- Assists with audit requests by preparing requested reports.
- Reconciles, audits and ensures accurate payroll transactions.
- Interacts with departments and staff to resolve issues that may arise with regard to payroll.
- Serves as the Payroll subject-matter expert in all system related activities and troubleshoots issues.
- Reviews PTO accruals for accuracy and compliance with company policies
- At the direction of HR Operations Manager, provides training on payroll policies and process.
- Reviews quarterly tax reports from payroll service for accuracy and resolves any issues. Stays informed of any system updates in payroll and timekeeping software and makes recommendations to HR Operations Manager as to how to update procedures in response.
- Reviews employee enrollment and termination reports against carrier bills to ensure accurate billing.
- Processes terminations timely in HRIS and timekeeping systems.
- Provides notification to third party COBRA administrator of termination of employee/dependent benefits.
- Uploads 403(b) and FSA deductions to respective carriers on a biweekly basis.
- Produces monthly benefit and workers compensation billing for properties.
- Conducts monthly audit of benefit plans against payroll deductions to ensure accuracy.
- Conducts quarterly 403(b) match audit.
- Responsible for annual audit schedules related to workers compensation, 403(b) and year-end financial audits.
- Works closely with HR Business Partners to ensure proper payment of wages to the employee.
- Reviews timekeeping system for potential leaves of absence and notifies HR Business Partners to start the LOA process
- Works closely with employees on a leave of absence and coordinates benefits as required
- Assist Human Resources Manager with special projects.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Actively participates in safety program
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate' s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years payroll experience.
- Experience with outsourced payroll software as well as automated timekeeping software
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- CPP designation preferred
- Detail oriented,
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer