Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Principal Financial Analyst
Oakland, California | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conduct a search for a contract Financial Analyst for one of our clients, a large transportation company located in Oakland, CA. The Financial Analyst will perform complex financial, budgetary, accounting, administrative, and operational analysis; plans, organizes, directs, and makes recommendations on a variety of financial management functions. The Financial Analyst will provide highly responsible technical financial management support to higher level managers.
- Recommends and assists in the development and implementation of the District' s budgetary and financial goals, as well as departmental goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Administers and coordinates the activities of an assigned section and/or conducts high-level project management, as assigned; and establishes schedules and methods for assigned operations and work functions.
- Performs the District' s complex budgetary, financial and operational analysis and studies using established statistical and financial methods, and makes conclusions and recommendations derived from analysis.
- Reviews and analysis a wide variety of data, including historical budgetary, revenue and organizational effectiveness information to develop and implement District goals and objectives, and make revenue projections.
- Develops short and long-term revenue and expense projections and spending plans for the District, participates in the forecasting of District revenues and expenses; monitors revenue and expenses, and reviews, compares and reconciles projections against actual costs and revenues.
- Develops, prepares and monitors department and/or section budgets, analyzes budgetary data and prepares cost estimates for budget recommendations.
- Submits justifications for purchases, monitors and controls expenditures; and monitors, reviews, and ensures adherence to department audit and control procedures.
- Examines and analysis supporting documentation and records to establish proper authorization and processing of agreements, contracts, grants, and adherence to state and federal regulations.
- Develops and implements procedures and practices for the assigned section, and assists with the development of departmental procedures regarding operations and activities.
- Develops, writes, and prepares narrative and statistical reports and assists in preparing written summaries of technical analysis, including memoranda to the General Manager and Staff Reports for the Board of Directors.
- Represents assigned executive and director-level staff on internal and external committees and projects.
- Participates in the selection of staff, and provides training and staff development opportunities.
- Analyzes and verifies monthly financial reports related to the assigned section.
- May serve temporarily in the capacity of the assigned manager during their absence. Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor' s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, economics, business administration or a related field.
- Six (6) years of recent and increasingly responsible professional-level experience in accounting, finance, budgeting and/or data analyses, including a minimum of one
- (1) year of lead or supervisory responsibility.