Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Project Manager 5 (6996081)
San Ramon, California | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is conducting a search for a non-IT Project Manager for one of our clients, a large consumer banking firm in San Ramon, CA. The non-IT Project Manager will plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as engineering, research and development, financial systems and product roll-out, etc. or any other non-IT based project.
- May oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Analyze technology, resource needs and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Establishes and conducts meetings to communicate expectations, project roles, status updates, track open issues, and work with all groups and clients to resolve issues as required.
- Scopes project and develops Implementation Project Plan and Change Control process for distribution to project participants.
- Gathers and reports project costing, identifies risks and develops risk mitigation plans. Develops measurable project goals and objectives and monitors progress toward achievement.
- Drives implementation consistency and quality through execution of project management best practices. Responsible for the project until deliverables are completed.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path items while ensuring project quality and utilizing and following appropriate methodologies.
- Develops detailed project plans including documentation, testing and executing protocol, tasks, budgets, and timelines.
- Conducts project post mortems and communicates lessons learned in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Participates in establishing policies and procedures that are consistent with overall company policies and operating objectives.
- Direct, review and approve product designs and changes.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one’ s time.
- Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Expert knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Expert knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- Expert knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio etc. Education/Experience:
- Bachelor' s degree in business administration or a related field.
- PMI or PMP certification preferred.
- 10+ years experience required.