Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Dublin, California | Contract
Assist with all Labeling activities as directed by Regulatory Management. These activities include all documentation, label development and label proofing for our self -manufactured products and contract manufactured Own Brands items.
This position is critical to insuring regulatory compliance and avoidance of the product retrievals and recalls that can result from non-compliance to product and package regulations. These include but are not limited to standards of identity, package label requirements, claims identification and validation.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Insure all Own Brands packaging is compliant with federal, state and local regulations. This involves daily interactions with marketing, packaging operations and product development to insure new and revised packaging graphics and content placement are in compliance. This includes proofing a high volume of food and non-food artwork prior to packaging printing.
- Assist in preparing label source documentation; interact with vendors and internal stakeholders. This documentation’ s accuracy and completeness is essential to label creation and critical to regulatory compliance.
- This position is critical to insuring support of product and package compliance to applicable regulations. Non-compliance can lead to extensive cost impacts to the business including out of stocks, lost sales due to product retrievals and recalls.
- College degree required; Food Science or related science a plus
- Food or consumer product experience a plus
- Prior food or consumer packaged goods labeling experience is desired
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects across multiple categories with competing timelines.
- There is no degree available in the field of Food Regulatory Affairs and the skills necessary to be successful in this role are universally acquired though on the job experience.
- Must be able to think both strategically and tactically and have experience in project management, multi-tasking, meeting tight deadlines and shifting work focus based on shifting business and technical priorities.
- Detail oriented and excellent computer skills a must.
- Must be able to communicate cross functionally between directors, managers, technical staff and vendor community daily.