Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Senior Accountant (Fixed Asset)
San Carlos, California | Contract
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Perform complex accounting activities to include: create journal entries; grant and fixed asset accounting, review and verify reliability and integrity of financial data and accounting systems; respond to accounting deficiencies; and monitor project accounting
- Answer complex accounting questions and complaints. Prepare audit schedules and has support responsibility for audit requests and findings.
- Perform various account reconciliations and support fixed asset physical inventories.
- Prepare a variety of complex accounting, revenue, fixed asset, project analysis, and any compliance reports as needed. Generate account and fund reconciliations, analyze project results. Propose and generate journal entries based on results of reconciliations.
Examples of Duties:
- Fixed Asset data entry. Review fixed asset listings, identify fully depreciated assets and follow up with custodians to determine current asset status.
- Prepare schedules and/or reports for various audits.
- Maintain reconciliation schedules including, but not limited to Project Capital Expenditures, expense to WIP schedules, Net Book Value Reports, Disposition Reports, Annual Report support schedules.
- Communicate with Project Management to confirm results,
- Prepare initial draft of report for regulatory agencies and/or granting agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Works under the general supervision of a Finance Senior Accountant, who establishes goals and objectives and evaluates performance.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Three years of full-time accounting or related experience
- Ability to analyze and solve accounting problems with timeliness and accuracy.
- Must be experienced in computerized accounting systems (recent PeopleSoft experience a plus), proficient in the use of a PC with a variety of software packages, including spreadsheets.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- The following qualifications are desirable: experience in a governmental organization, especially a transportation agency; experience with enterprise fund accounting, especially capital/fixed asset accounting; and supervisory experience.