Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Carlos, California | Contract
General: The Senior Accountant will perform and review financial reporting activities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). These activities will be performed for three business units for one of our major clients.
Core Senior Accountant project duties:
- Review and reconcile project Grant AR billing data for FY 16 through FY 17 and document the as is process, and recommend and provide guidance as to the best practice and process for Capital project Grant, AR, Billing transactions FY 18.
- Review and reconcile business unit transactions & document the as is process for FY 16 through FY17, and recommend and provide guidance as to the best practice and process for inter unit transactions for FY 18.
- Review and reconcile the Payroll transactions & document the as is process for FY 16 through FY17, and recommend and provide guidance as to the best practice and process for payroll transactions for FY 18.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Oversee the month and year-end close including reviewing of general ledger account analysis, reconciliations, and review and approve journal entries.
- Act as liaison between Finance, internal departments, external organizations, and other financial institutions.
- Oversee and review the accounts payable day-to-day business and ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Ensure accuracy of coding, posting of vouchers, and payments.
- Supervise general ledger, accounts payable personnel, and staff accountants. Hire, mentor and take appropriate corrective and/or disciplinary action. Ensure EEO policies and procedures are followed. Participate in selection of staff. Coordinate staff training and professional development. Establish performance objectives. Monitor and evaluate employee performance.
Examples of Duties:
- Review and submit monthly financial statements, the State Controller’ s Report, and other disclosures such as Government Code 53065.5.
- Prepare and review the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Prepare and review audit schedules, respond to audit requests, and findings.
- Answer complex accounting questions, resolve problems, and complaints.
- Interact with internal and external vendors and continuously identify areas where procedures can be improved within the department.
- Perform and review various account reconciliations.
- Evaluate job performance of staff which also includes the professional development of staff through the identification of on-the-job and other professional development opportunities.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’ s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Work under the general supervision of a Finance Manager, who establishes goals and objectives and evaluates performance.
Minimum Qualifications: Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Four (4) years of full-time accounting or related experience.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience.