Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Senior Accounts Payable Accountant
San Carlos, California | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conducting a search for a contract Senior Accountant for one of clients, a large transportation company located in San Carlos, CA. The Senior Accountant will report to the AP Manager and will perform and review Accounts Payable reporting activities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Oversee the month and year-end close including reviewing of various AP related general ledger account analysis, reconciliation of AP to GL, and review and enter all approved journal entries and voucher adjustments into the AP system.
- Act as liaison between Finance, internal departments, external organizations, and other financial institutions.
- Oversee and review the accounts payable day-to-day business and ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Ensure accuracy of coding, posting of vouchers, and payments.
- Input and reconcile all Corporate Credit Card and E-Payables Accounts.
- Review vendor files for accuracy and processing of 1099’ s for year end.
- Help with supervision and evaluation of AP Accountants as needed.
- Prepare and review audit schedules, respond to audit requests, and findings.
- Answer complex accounting questions, resolve problems, and complaints.
- Interact with internal and external vendors and continuously identify areas where procedures can be improved within the department.
- Prepare and review various account reconciliations including Credit Card and E-Payables Bank Statements.
- Evaluate job performance of staff which also includes the professional development of staff through the identification of on-the-job and other professional development opportunities.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’ s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Four (4) years of full-time accounting or related experience.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Accounting experience in a governmental organization is desirable.
- Experience with enterprise fund accounting and capital/fixed asset accounting is desirable.
- Accounts Payable experience is desirable.
- Must have working knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Program (PeopleSoft is desired).
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.