Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Senior Budget Analyst
San Carlos, California | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is sourcing for an Senior Budget Analyst to support our client, a large transportation company, in a contract role for a 6 month duration. The Senior Budget Analyst will report to the Manager, Budgets and is responsible for analyzing and preparing the operating and capital budgets for three agencies.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Receive, review, and monitor cost center manager budget requests for SamTrans capital and operating programs.
- Assist with special project identifying Baseline Budget expenditures in preparation of FY19 Budget process
- Review and verify budget authority for both operating and capital projects for all three agencies, including monthly and quarterly staff reports.
- Review and analyze year-over-year budget changes, historical and future trends, and project budget assumptions. Work with staff at all organization levels, representatives from organizations and groups, and the general public to give and/or secure necessary information.
- Liaise with internal staff and external stakeholders to provide and/or retrieve budget information.
Examples of Duties:
- Provide cash flow analysis for current budget year activities.
- Process budget transfer requests.
- Prepare the monthly financial statement presented to the Board of Directors by reporting on budget activities and variance analysis.
- Prepare the annual budget book based on the Government Finance Officer Associations’ (GFOA) standards and best practices.
- Prepare budget presentations for Citizen’ s Advisory Committees and Board of Directors approval including all graphs, charts, and narratives.Prepare funding application to Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) for State Transit Assistance and Transportation Development Act funds.
- Prepare statistical portion of Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for all three business units.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’ s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Works under the general supervision of the Manager, Budgets who establishes goals and objectives and evaluates performance.
- Must have prior experience with Financial Modeling and Budget Forecasting
- A Bachelor’ s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Three years full-time increasingly responsible experience in budgeting, accounting, or related field an automated financial management system (e.g. PeopleSoft is desirable).
- Public sector experience preferred
- Experience with company-wide budgeting is desirable.
- Experience with GFOA reporting is desirable.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced excel skills required
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs.