Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Pleasanton, California | Direct Hire
A very well respected residential builder is looking for a Senior Designer to join their team. The Senior Designer is responsible for providing design assistance to new homebuyers during the selection of Options, Counters and Flooring. Reports into the Purchasing Manager.
- Set up appointments and meet with home buyers to assist them in the selection of Options, Counters and Flooringwhileworking within their budget.
- Create Buyer Orders, prepare detailed diagrams, and process Purchase Orders for Options, Counters and Flooring (including Models) to meet construction deadlines.
- Process Special Requests including gathering cost information and pricing of special request items.
- Keep current with new products and dé cor trends; make recommendations to improve the option and flooring selections.
- Learn about use and care of all products sold and educate new homeowners on care and maintenance of Options, Counters and Flooring items purchased.
- Prior to close of escrow, make field inspections to ensure that Options, Counters and Flooringare installed correctly.
- Assist Manager, Purchasing in the creation of product information for new projects, option and upgrade recommendations for new communities.
- Attend meetings related to developing and planning the model home complex.
- Additional or different functions, as required.
- College degree in interior design or related field preferred.
- 3 years experience in interior design, preferably in a home center operation.
1. Good communication skills and ability to relate to public in a pressure situation.
2. Excellent computer skills are required to use the Options, Counters and Flooring software.
3. Product knowledge of flooring materials, tile, fabric and wall coverings.
4. Regular, reliable and punctual attendance is essential because of limited resources, costs, productivity and the continuance of quality.