Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Senior Manager Consumer & Shopper Insights
Pleasanton, California | Direct Hire
The Consumer & Shopper Insights Department has an opening for a Senior Manager Consumer Insights. This position is located in Pleasanton, CA.
The Senior Manager Consumer & Shopper Insights, is responsible for the design, execution, analysis, and socialization of consumer insight projects and synthesis of data/studies to support corporate and division business objectives. This position proactively drives the use of consumer/shopper research and advocates for the shopper, empowering stakeholders with knowledge of the shopper to drive better business decisions.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independently design, develop and execute qualitative and quantitative research studies to address business issues.
- Sets priorities and independently manages timelines and workflow of numerous projects across a wide client base, managing budget and resources
- Analyze and synthesize information from custom and syndicated sources to provide recommendations that drive sales.
- Influence and impact business results by interpreting, synthesizing and communicating insights & recommendations that are simple, engaging, and actionable.
- Proactively builds relationships and collaborates with internal business partners to understand business needs and strategy. Develop learning plans for the year.
- Align projects with corporate strategy. Identify knowledge gaps related to shoppers – drive understanding of shoppers through research to close knowledge gaps and improve decision making.
- Partner with internal team and external agencies, leveraging insights to drive decisions.
- Actively develop self and others in support of department purpose and stay on top of current marketing research and industry trends.
- Drives continuous improvement of department’ s current methods, approaches, and vendor capabilities adapting with changing business needs to achieve more efficient and better insights.
- Innovates and experiments with new methodologies when appropriate.
- 4 year degree (Marketing, Marketing Research, Psychology, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Anthropology, or Sociology) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience. MBA is a plus.
- 7+ years progressive experience in consumer and shopper research/insights ideally within a Consumer Packaged Goods company and/or Retailer.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience working with proven and emerging qualitative and quantitative consumer/shopper research techniques, methodologies and approaches; strong knowledge and understanding of research reporting and interpretation, scoping and research design.
- 5+ years’ experience interpreting & integrating syndicated data & analysis (e.g. IRI or Nielsen scanner/panel).
- Advanced to expert in design and analysis against complex business problems and can ‘ right-size’ according to business issue/need.
- Builds clear, concise consumer stories utilizing multiple sources and business partner perspectives. Strong ability to integrate and synthesize research information from multiple data sources delivering value-added insights and recommended actions to solve business problems.
- Acts as strategic partner with internal clients to understand and help drive strategy. Tells stories across projects and develops strategic implications. Builds understanding of client business, trends, structure, their needs, and what drives them, ensuring solutions are rooted in business need.
- Thrives in a dynamic & fast-paced environment. Adapts quickly in a dynamic matrix organization managing multiple stakeholder needs and evolving priorities. Succeeds in ambiguous/unstructured situations, comfortable with scrappy research and approach to work.
- Strong initiative and follow through, self-starter, detail oriented, tenacious
- Independently able to solve business challenges that are non-conforming and without precedent.
- Excellent oral, written and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and the ability to influence stakeholders. Able to present confidently to VP and President levels. Expert at delivering both ‘ good news and bad news’ in an inclusive manner, driving better business decisions. Candidly and constructively speaks up even when it’ s difficult to do so.
- Proven analytical capabilities with strong problem solving skills. Experience a broad range of consumer and shopper research methods, techniques and data interpretation.
- Leads center of excellence to improve department skills and standards. Encourages team exploration of new research techniques and determines appropriate time for experimentation with these techniques.
- Excellent project management skills, comfort leading large number/complex projects from beginning to end, across multiple stakeholders/ competing priorities. Excellent time & budget management, prioritization and planning skills.
- Ability to manage 3rd party vendors, contracts, and their deliverables.
- Trains/mentors less experienced CSI team members, coaches and counsels to develop best team.
- Comfort operating and navigating in complex (matrix) organizations is a plus, and strong collaboration skills are a must have.
- Excellent PC knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills.