Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Senior Real Estate Accountant
Los Angeles, California | Direct Hire
Senior Real Estate Accountant – Beverly Hills, CA
Dynamic national company looking for a strong Senior Real Estate Accountant. Company offers an amazing opportunity for growth and a strong compensation and benefits package.
The successful candidate will be responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures within Accounting. The Senior Real Estate Accountant will act as a business leader cross functioning with other members of the team.
- Perform daily cash and credit card reconciliations.
- Manage fixed asset and prepaid expenses.
- Prepare journal entries and input into the general ledger accounting system.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts monthly including research and resolution of discrepancies.
- Reconcile subsystems to G/L as required.
- Analyze transactions and surface problems.
- On daily basis, responding to questions and interact with various levels of management.
- Participate in week, month quarter and year-end closings.
- Develop skills in Yardi and other operating systems.
- Collect and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Meet closing deadlines to ensure financial statements are complete and materially correct on a consistent basis, with no post-close adjustments required.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Responsible for managing the payment and tracking of property taxes.
- Prepare other accounting journal entry allocations.
- Investigating and resolving all credit card chargeback issues and requests for information to ensure Company minimized chargeback expense.
- Prepare recurring payments and wire transfer requests.
- Assist in financial analysis of operating results, including variance and trend reporting.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and/or other tasks assigned.
- Previous work with real estate accounting required
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning, organizing and strategic thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Sales Audit experience a plus
- Solid accounting nowledge and skills including GAAP accounting and reporting rules as they pertain to the theatre operations
- Experience in month-end and quarterly close