Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Staff Accountant / Inventory Analyst
Berkeley, California | Direct Hire
Wollborg Michelson is working with a Client in Berkeley, CA looking for a Staff Accountant / Inventory Analyst
Are you analytical, detail-oriented and have a strong interest in systems development? Then this may be the ideal position for you. We are seeking a Staff Accountant/Inventory Analyst who enjoys working in a fast-paced, agile environment, and is ready to contribute to a teamwork-oriented organization. We are looking for an individual who wants to grow with us, and is in this for the long term.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of multiple bank accounts.
- Prepare balance sheet support schedules.
- Perform timely preparation of monthly general ledger and reconciling entries.
- Perform monthly closing activities including maintenance of recurring journals, accruals and allocation entries.
- Prepare financial statements with adequate supporting schedules.
- Perform accounting projects as assigned by Controller.
- Provide reporting and analysis for company programs.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Documenting new process and procedures.
- 3-5-years of accounting experience.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel and ability to work with large data sets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in working under pressure and meeting continuous deadlines.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of management.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office required, MAS 90 experience a plus.
- Multi-store retail experience a plus.
The client offers competitive compensation, paid holidays, vacation and sick days, medical and dental insurance, 401K with employer match, generous employee discount, regular performance reviews, and the opportunity to work with a small group of hardworking people who love what they do!
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.