Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Santa Monica, California | Direct Hire
Fantastic opportunity in the San Francisco Bay area! Our client is looking for a self-motivated and experienced Staff Accountant to assist the Controller with financial statements/ duties. The candidate will be responsible accounts payable transactions and making sure all documents are up to legal compliance. This is a full-time position with great benefits, 401k, and competitive compensation.
- Assist the Controller with the daily, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department including budget review and analysis.
- Recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately
- Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’ s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim grant financial reporting
- 3+ years of accounting with 2+ years experience as a Staff Accountant (accounting operations and/or audit).
- Strong background in budget preparation
- Must have a degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends.
- Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.