Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Jose, California | Direct Hire
One of Silicon Valley’ s most recognized homebuilders for over 25 years is looking to add an experienced, professional Construction Superintendent to their growing team.
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for the construction of all homes that are assigned to him/her from the layout of the foundation to the delivery of the home to the Quality Assurance Department. The Construction Superintendent is responsible for the construction schedule, management of subcontractors, and the overall quality of the homes assigned to them.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 5-7+ years superintendent level experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read and understand all related plans and specifications with a thorough knowledge of all trades
- Demonstrate good safety work habits with the ability to enforce safety policies on assigned project
Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Interface with public agencies/inspectors in obtaining all necessary permits/approvals
- Inspect houses on a daily basis to ensure that project is on schedule, subcontractors are making necessary progress and corrections and that building and safety codes are being met
- Review and understand all plans, subcontracts, purchase orders and other related material
- Manage subcontractors to ensure that they are fulfilling their contractual obligations
- Prepare a detailed plan/schedule to ensure that subcontractors commence and finish operations and suppliers deliver various materials when needed
- Involve General Superintendent when subcontractors and suppliers fail to respond to scheduling as required and after all other remedies are exhausted
- Manage inspections by ensuring that project is ready for inspections, scheduling inspections, walking with inspectors, communicating needed corrections, and obtaining and filing required signatures, permits etc.
- Ensure that all installed work in homes is correctly protected per company policies
- Maintain a clean and safe jobsite at all times
- Responsible for communications with various departments in the company regarding purchase orders/selections, recurring problems, schedule etc. so that the schedule remains unaffected