Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Supply Chain Manager
San Francisco, California | Direct Hire
Join a growing electronics manufacturing team is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to initiate, negotiate, manage, and grow our vendor relationships as the company scales, with a special focus on our Printer Circuit Board (PCB) fabrication partners.
- Accrue knowledge of the PCB fabrication process and industry to assess which companies are optimal partners for us.
- Manage existing PCB fabrication partnerships and develop new ones.
- Negotiate purchase matrices with PCB fab partners, specifying cost and lead time as a function of quantity and a wide variety of design parameters.
- Negotiate incentive systems with PCB fab partners to encourage performance, especially on-time delivery, which is the #1 factor determining our on-time delivery to our customers.
- Continually push to expand the scope of our matrices for increasingly complex design specifications (overcoming reluctance from vendors) so that the company can immediately place orders without the need to request custom quotes.
- Maintain detailed records of PCB purchases, and analyze these for pricing, lead-time, and on-time delivery dynamics.
- Provide timely data to our vendor partners regarding on-time delivery, pricing discrepancies, and quality issues.
- Leverage incentive systems to obtain financial consideration for late deliveries and quality issues, and more importantly to improve performance in these areas.
- Collaborate with vendors to understand leading causes of performance issues and what can be done on both sides to mitigate these.
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. Production and Logistics) to continuously improve vendor relations and workflow.
- Develop a cost reduction projection from economies of scale based on vendor negotiations.
- Act as a software product manager: defining and guiding our internal software development efforts focused on PCB procurement and data flow.
- Increase automation of the workflow for procuring PCB fabrication, and generally find ways to automate as much as possible of vendor management.
- BA degree or higher
- 3+ industry experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
- MBA or other graduate degree
- Program / project management experience and/or training
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in electronics manufacturing (PCB fabrication / PCB assembly)
- Direct vendor management experience
- Proficiency with spreadsheets
- Knowledge of regression analysis and/or other predictive modeling
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to create compelling presentations and reports
- Demonstrated leadership; tendency to develop support and advocacy across teams of diverse roles and personalities