Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Tax Senior Associate
Long Beach, California | Direct Hire
Exciting Senior Tax Associate Opportunity!
Are you an experienced tax professional? Are you a licensed CPA or close to becoming one? A regional leader in the accounting, audit, and tax consulting field is looking to bring on a Senior Tax Associate. This individual would be responsible for training and developing lower level staff, working on assignments from clients, and nurturing and growing relationships with current and potential clients. On top of all of this, the company focuses on growing their employees in order to produce the highest quality of work for their clients. They offer a competitive salary and many great benefits. These include: fantastic health insurance options and coverage, industry leading coaching and mentoring, 401k plan with an increasing company contribution, and company wide events.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Keep a healthy relationship with all clients by knowing their business and keeping in contact with them even when not currently doing business with them
- Respect all team members and clients, with the goal to mentor team members and become the primary contact for clients
- Mentor, train, and oversee staff
- Handle all aspects of contract assignments including: obtaining assignments, planning the solution, executing the solution, and presenting final documents to necessary parties
- Be open to changing your approach from trial and error or constructive criticism
- Criticize current norms of the company and be willing to share your opinion in how to grow or improve current processes
- Stay in constant contact with supervisors about progress on assignments and staff improvements
- Keep meticulous documents, recording every aspect of an assignment
- Research client’ s tax and accounting issues and develop a solution
- Engage in recruiting new staff when necessary
- Build a team among overseen staff
- Be open to learning new things about both yourself and the company
- Learn about all company services and their applications
- Learn the higher level processes within the company, such as billing and staff mediation
- Develop a long list of company contacts to create future referrals
- Understand and actively support the company’ s mission and values
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Complete training in all modules of the CPA, with the ability to take and pass the exam
- Proven mentoring capabilities
- Effective time management skills
- Beyond excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Constantly open to and looking for ways to improve yourself and your environment
- Able to fully commit to the company and embrace their values and goals