Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Francisco, California | Direct Hire
Seeking an experienced Transportation Engineer to help us develop and manage a safe and sustainable network for all modes of transportation.
The ideal candidate is passionate about transportation. You have extensive knowledge of transportation engineering standards and guidelines, as well as accessibility design standards and guidelines. You' re highly motivated and organized, comfortable engaging with the public, and you thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Serve as project manager for transportation infrastructure projects (e.g., roadway realignments, intersection reconfiguration, and parking lot construction).
- Develop and manage the long-term improvement plans for the transportation network.
- Prepare, review, and oversee the design of capital projects, as well as in-house development of drawings for striping and signage projects, annual paving maintenance projects, and accessibility improvements, e.g., curb ramps.
- Develop conceptual designs to reconfigure roadways, intersections, parking lots, and trails.
- Manage consultant design of these facilities to Issue-for-Bid drawings, and manage capital projects through completion.
- Develop and implement a long-term accessibility improvement plan for sidewalks, parking lots and other elements of the public right-of-way.
- Interpret design documents and oversee the proper execution of work.
- Provide advice to other Project Managers about accessibility standards and guidelines in the public right-of-way.
- Investigate and respond to resident, visitor and tenant requests related to traffic issues, including engineering analysis and design of traffic calming improvements.
- Oversee the implementation of traffic calming projects by operations staff and contractors.
- Evaluate intersection capacity and multi-modal level of service.
- Manage and report usage of grant funding.
- Review and provide design guidance for capital projects managed by other Trust departments.
- Provide critical analysis and input to agency decision-makers concerning transportation proposals, problems, and issues.
- Represent the company at public and interagency meetings on transportation engineering topics, including strategic planning, traffic congestion, parking management, traffic safety and land use impacts.
- California State Professional Engineer License, Traffic
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent in civil engineering, transportation engineering, or a related field from a four-year college or university.
- At least 5 years of progressively higher level work experience in the transportation field.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles, and industry standards and guidelines.
- Skill in effective, clear and persuasive oral and written communication to individuals and groups, including the public.
- Ability to develop contacts with stakeholders including neighborhood groups, advocacy organizations, and other agencies.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, construction drawings, technical specifications and technical reports.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using business software (word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail) and project-specific programs such as MS project, Oracle, and traffic analysis software.
- California State Professional Engineer License, Civil
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, ArcGIS and Synchro
- Optimistic and positive attitude with a demonstrated deep commitment to the highest level of customer service
- Master' s degree in engineering or a related field
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer