Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Union Payroll Specialist
Novato, California | Direct Hire
As the Union Payroll Specialist you will report to the Controller. The Union Payroll Specialist will manage day-to-day payroll Union operations for our Field employees. You' ll perform all activities related to Union payroll including maintaining related records, updating deductions and salary changes, communicating with department managers, preparing accounting transactions and documents, and documenting and updating procedures. The ideal candidate will have 1 to 3 years of payroll experience with an eye for detail and ability to consistently maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Responsible for all aspects of the payroll process (300+ Union Employees), including auditing of timecards, in order to process weekly payroll runs for six Unions.
- Collecting times and verifying any missing punches with the supervisors.
- Regularly monitoring and inputting time off request forms.
- Heavy data entry.
- Preparing workers comp forms and files.
- Print checks and process direct deposits for approximately 300 employees year-round.
- Update the payroll system for all employees’ transactions including new hires, terminations, salary changes, garnishments, benefit elections, bonuses, etc...
- Issue manual payroll checks for critical error correction or time critical employee payments
- Prepare Union Reports.
- Review accuracy of general ledger and job cost coding.
- Prepare reports and work with auditors during annual audit and other payroll related audits.
- Work closely with Human Resources to assure data integrity is audit ready.
- Scan and File.
- Analyze financial information and provide management with reporting results on metrics, trends, and other payroll related costs.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare special reports for management.
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Prepare 401K and other deposits.
- Assist in other areas of the accounting department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or similar; and/or similar work experience.
- 1-3 years payroll processing experience, Spectrum Preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll, wage garnishments, federal and state payroll taxes, union reporting, and related terminology.
- Experience with processing payroll for a company with 200+ employees.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel).
- Must be able to work independently, be detailed oriented, and be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with a construction company preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be results oriented.
- Must be computer literate, operate 0-key and type by touch, and have good mathematical skills.
- Must be able to present information both written and verbally in one-to-one and small group situation to managers, vendors, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends.