Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Utilities Project Manager
San Francisco, California | Direct Hire
The Utilities Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates utility infrastructure improvement projects, ensuring that the goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished within established budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Manage the planning, design and construction of improvements to the Presidio of San Francisco' s extensive medium voltage, and potable water utility infrastructure systems. Serve as the department’ s technical expert in mechanical and electrical design, construction and maintenance issues.
- Manage the Electric Distribution Maintenance Program.
- Perform other duties as assigned in the planning, design and construction of improvements to the Presidio of San Francisco' s extensive sanitary and storm drain utility infrastructure systems.
- Establish scope, schedule and budget for each phase of assigned projects. Track and report schedule and budget information.
- Develop scopes of work for procurement of professional services (engineering, CAD) and construction contracting services.
- Prepare designs, studies and reports for management in support of utility capital improvement and regulatory compliance programs.
- Serve as the Contracting Officers Technical Representative on assigned utility infrastructure construction contracts.
- Perform load analysis and forecasting for medium voltage electric and water distribution utilities.
- Coordinate outside utility providers, including SFPUC, PG&E and WAPA as needed for the development and construction of new utility infrastructure systems and metered service points.
Mastery of, and skill in applying, advanced theories, concepts, and principles practiced in the science of professional mechanical or electrical engineering sufficient to:
- Develop, revise, and publish policy, guidelines, regulations, and handbooks on engineering design specifications and design criteria for mechanical and electrical systems and equipment
- Provide consultative and expert advisory services to contract architecture and engineering firms, construction contractors, and other Federal agencies on agency requirements and mechanical and electrical engineering design criteria
- Conduct studies, investigations, and tests of new mechanical and electrical systems, equipment, devices, and materials for future applications, considering factors such as design, operation and maintenance costs, and the betterment of existing and proposed new infrastructures;
- Integrate advanced concepts and principles of related professional engineering and architecture science disciplines (e.g., civil, fire protection, and safety)
- Ability to operate a personal computer, general office computer programs, MS Project and AutoCAD drafting program.
- Design project management
- Construction project management
- Means and methods of underground utility construction
- Planning, scheduling, and leading technical meetings
- Governing standards and regulations associated with the design, construction and commissioning of medium voltage electric and potable water distribution systems
- Fed OSHA safety regulations pertaining to utility operation, maintenance, and construction
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of progressive experience in design and construction management
- Utilities infrastructure experience preferred
- Professional Engineers License (PE) in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (any state)
- Valid driver’ s license
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer