Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Warehouse Operations Manager
Atlanta, Georgia | Direct Hire
The Warehouse Operations Manager assists the Warehouse Manager in ensuring compliance with Company and legal policies, procedures and regulations for the Warehouse by assisting in the analysis and interpreting reports; implementing and monitoring Human Resources compliance, asset protection and safety controls, overseeing safety, operational and quality assurance reviews; assisting in the development and implementation of action plans to improve performance, following direction and providing guidance on executing company programs and directing the Supervisor team in ensuring confidentiality of information, documentation and assigned records.
The Warehouse Operations Manager is accountable for the safe, efficient and LEAN operation of the facility and equipment as well as assisting to drive the financial performance of the Warehouse by ensuring that budgeted productivity, labor and other expenses are achieved. Leads the Supervisor Team to achieve overall productivity goals for production, labor, cost, quality and safety. Assists in the creation and implementation of plans to improve the financial performance of the warehouse and participates in analyzing economic trends and community needs for budget forecasting.
- Manages warehouse facility on an assigned shift – includes all employees and their functions.
- Provides direct daily supervision to Warehouse Supervisors to ensure a safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse that meets service standards.
- Applies professional/managerial principles and judgment, within overall direction established by senior management.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting or analysis; uses judgment to select from multiple known options having moderate financial impact on the organization.
- Assists the Warehouse Manager in developing programs to train and motivate personnel for increased effectiveness and professional development.
- Recommends programs to the Warehouse Manager that will improve warehouse operations.
- Applies sound communication and motivational techniques, while supervising, coaching and providing corrective action.
- Leads assigned Warehouse Supervisors that are tied to specific delivery services including receiving, shipping, handling returned/damaged goods, maintenance and administrative activities to ensure that customer requirements are met in an efficient manner.
- Assists the Warehouse Manager in planning short-term and long-term labor needs for assigned shift based on sales forecasts and direction from management and other business decisions.
- Works with the Maintenance Department in ensuring that the current program of equipment maintenance and facility maintenance is being followed.
- Continually maintain a professional and courteous relationship with outside departments and/or customers and ensures that all other personnel do the same.
- Ensures warehouse housekeeping, security, organization and sanitation are at an acceptable level on a daily basis for assigned shift.
- Ensures the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding Delivery operations. On a daily basis, ensures accuracy to all DOT records from delivery drivers prior to forwarding to Transportation Department. Coordinates and organizes paperwork, Bills of Lading, Manifest, etc. daily and forward to department personnel.
- Communicates with department personnel on customer pick-ups, returns, cancellations, deliveries, reschedules and add-ons. Ensures all Delivery/Pick-up product is inspected and meets necessary quality standards. Ensures all variations to the quality standards are documented and forwarded to the appropriate personnel for further review.
- Ensures that damage to products, equipment and facilities are prevented at all times.
- Ensures that all safety procedures and policies are followed at all times.
- Occasionally rides along with Delivery and Service Technician for performance observation, paperwork accuracy and customer feedback.
- Makes recommendations to the Warehouse Manager in planning space utilization to meet business demands and cost control.
- Assists in the planning of annual “ physical Inventory”.
- Reviews with Warehouse Manager concerns brought forward regarding personnel and quality.
- Maintains and analyzes key measurements and assists in the development of plans for areas that need improvement.
- Maintains and analyzes Key Measurements of all Warehouse Supervisors and assists in the development of plans for areas that need improvement.
- Assists the Warehouse Manager on organizing and administering the weekly supervisor meeting.
- Conducts Warehouse Supervisors' performance evaluations for assigned shift(s) bi-annually.
- Occasionally attends TEAM meetings, which are held by shift Warehouse Supervisors
- Evaluates the information being presented by the supervisors.
- Supplies any additional information regarding company policy and company direction.
- Assists in ordering supplies for warehouse housekeeping and maintenance upkeep.
- Approves/disapproves permission to miss slips, Change of Status forms and Employee Requisitions.
- Works on special reports and/or projects when required.
- Makes necessary personnel changes and transfers.
- Works with Human Resources regarding employee situations.
- Demonstrate the Company’ s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.